Wednesday 9 July 2014

Paris

Paris was fantastic again (realised this was my first stop in a city I have already been to) and it was so nice to have company for a few days... thanks Ali & Jemma :)

Sunday 29th June (continued)
Once I arrived and caught up with the girls, we had a very Parisian evening, at the Arc de Triomphe and Moulin Rouge!

Monday 30th June
A day to see Paris using the good old hop on hop off buses. It's amazing to see the difference in the numbers of people around. I knew it would be a lot busier being Summer this visit but wow, last time we walked straight into Notre Dame, this time it was lines 3 deep that I think would have taken hours (lucky we'd all been in before and didn't worry about going in).

Unfortunately the Catacombs were closed but on our way back to the Eiffel Tower we ran into our Spanish tour guide on the street! So amazing, still can't believe we ran into him like that! After a reunion, we made our way to the Eiffel Tower. I didn't climb it last time I was here so that was amazing. The views are crazy, even just comparing the different levels.

Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd July
2 days at Paris Disneyland was a nice change of pace from visiting historical cities. It definitely wasn't to quite the same standard as America but it was a very fun couple of days and so excited to see the night show which we missed out on in the US... amazing! Felt like a kid again :)

Thursday 3rd July
Rest day today. After saying goodbye to the girls, I checked into my airport hotel for a relaxed day and a bit of travel planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment