Friday 23 May 2014

Hong Kong Island

Friday 23 May
Exploring Hong Kong Island started with torrential rain, so window shopping and some time at the Hong Kong library was in order. The rain subsided by the afternoon so I managed to explore the Causeway Bay and Happy Valley areas.
I'm staying with Leah and Dave here (thanks guys!).
We had awesome dim sum for dinner.

Saturday 24 May
I've been treated to much better weather today to explore the Central area of Hong Kong. I caught a tram across town and took the Star Ferry tour around Victoria Harbour (think that officially means I've used every mode of public transport now... does that mean I'm a local?). I ventured around the city some more and found the city green spaces with sky scrapers towering above.

Sunday 25 May
The weather cleared up completely but unfortunately with that came intense heat & humidity. Leah & Dave took me to the south side of the island and the botanical gardens today.

That's it for Hong Kong, next stop Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment