Monday 2 June 2014

Heading south

Thursday 29th May
Valencia treated us to absolutely perfect weather for our walking tour and day cycling to the beach. This is a lovely city, great architecture and history. I visited the Valancia cathedral which is where the holy grail is displayed. An amazing building, I'd almost forgotten how ornate European cathedrals are. Got some great photos from the top of the cathedral tower but they are all on my camera so nothing to upload sorry.

Friday 30th May/Saturday 31st May
Drive today today, down to Grenada. Grenada treated us to a variey of entertainment: political protest, religious festival,  perfect sunny weather and rare rain in the Alhambra (it only rains 30days each year). The general consensus is that Grenada is the favourite place so far. It's a much smaller town which is nice to explore. Again most of my photos from Grenada are on my camera... I'll need to get them off if I find an actual computer at some point.

Sunday 1st June
Off to Africa! We made our way to Tanger in Morocco for our first African night. Definitely a bit of culture shock for a few of the girls on tour. We had a wander around the beach during the day but it was a quiet night in - the first of a few while we're in Africa I think.

Monday 2nd June
Kept making our way into Morocco to Fes...

No comments:

Post a Comment